Misty Copeland is an American dancer, actress, and model. She is popular as the first African-American principal dancer of American Dance Theater (ABT) and winner of the Los Angeles Music Center Spotlight Award at a very young age as best dancer. Further, she is known for her appearance in tv dance and reality shows including So You Think You Can Dance, On The Town, and A Day in the Life.
Misty was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri along with her parents and siblings. She went to Point Fermin Elementary School for elementary education and found out her affection for dance. She began her ballet training at the age of 13 in the San Pedro Dance Center along with her mother’s friend Cynthia Bradley.
Besides Dancing, Misty is popular as an actress, who has participated in several tv and dance reality shows. With rising fame, she has also been a popular model and posed for many fashions and sports brands including BlackBerry and Dr. Pepper.
|Birth Place||Kansas City, Missouri, U.S|
|Date Of Birth||September 10, 1982|
|Age(as of 2021)||38 Years|
|Profession||Dancer and actress|
Misty Copeland Age, Height, and Weight
Misty’s age is 38 years. She is 5′ 7” tall and her weight is approximately 56 kg.
Career and Achievements
- Misty began her ballet training at the age of 13 in the San Pedro Dance Center along with her mother’s friend Cynthia Bradley. Subsequently, at the age of 14, she won her first-ever national ballet contest in the solo category. She gained initial fame when performed in The Nutcracker at the San Pedro High School.
- Misty won 1st spot in the Los Angeles Music Center Spotlight Awards of 1998 because of her fabulous performance. After winning 1st spot in the awards, she received scholarship and workshop offers from popular ballet studios of America including San Francisco Ballet, Joffrey Ballet, ABT, and more.
- Misty joined ABT in 2000 as a junior dancer. Due to her amazing performance in 2001, she became a member of the Corps de ballet group. Subsequently, she performed in several competitions including Don Quixote and more.
- After practicing and dancing at ABT in 2007, Misty was chosen as a soloist and became one of the youngest dancers to do so. With rising fame, she performed in several programs and went on international trips including pas de deux, The Firebird, and many more.
- In 2015, Misty was appointed as the first African-American principal dancer at ABT. Due to her immense achievement, she appeared on the cover of several magazines and newspaper articles including The New York Times and The Washington Post. In the same year, she appeared on a Broadway named “On the Town” as Ivy Smith. It was her debut, on Broadway and gained commercial success.
- Besides this, with increasing popularity as a ballet dancer, Misty has been to several tv and dancing shows including So You Think You Can Dance and A Day in the Life. Further, she has posed and endorsed various sports, gadgets, and makeup brands including Dr. Pepper, Coach, Inc, BlackBerry, and more.
- Misty is also known for popular books and writings including Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina (2014), Firebird (2014), Ballerina Body, a health and fitness guide (2017), and more.
Sylvia DelaCerna and Doug Copeland are Misty’s parents. She has three siblings Erica, Douglas, and Christopher Copeland.
Boyfriend and Affairs
Misty has been married to Olu Evans, an attorney since 2016.
- Misty Copeland hails from Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
- She has over 1.8m followers on Instagram.
- She has gained over 7k subscribers on YouTube.
- Misty loves cooking and photography.
Taylor Sieve is also a popular dancer and social media celebrity of USA.
Misty’s net worth is estimated to be more than $3m. Sources of her earnings are dancing, acting, modeling, and brand endorsements.
What is the age of Misty Copeland?
Age of Misty Copeland is 38 years.
When is the Birthday of Misty Copeland?
Misty Copeland’s birthday is on September 10, 1982
How tall is Misty Copeland?
Misty Copeland is 5′ 7” tall.
Where is Misty Copeland from?
Misty Copeland is from Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.