Vivian Fernandes commonly known as Divine is an Indian rapper. He was born in Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Divine started to gain popularity after the release of his song Yeh Mera Bombay (2013). He broke through with the release of his song Mere Gully Mein featuring fellow Mumbai rapper Naezy. Following the release of his song ‘Yeh Mera Bombay’, Divine obtained the attention of Sony Music India while performing at the Blue Frog Festival 2014 in Mumbai and shortly after signed a contract with them. The song later went on to win the Best Video of the Year award by Rolling Stone India in the same year.
Divine is quite popular on Social Media Platforms. He has around 1.2M followers on Instagram. Besides Instagram Divine is also very popular on Twitter. He has around 55.9K followers on Twitter.
Also Read:- Dino James Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Vivian Fernandes|
|Date Of Birth||October 2, 1990|
|Birth Place||Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Divine Age, Height, Weight
Divine’s age is 37 years. Divine’s height is 5 feet 6 inches and weight 60 kg. Her eye and hair colour is Dark Brown and Black respectively.
Divine was born on October 2, 1990, in Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. There is not much information available on the internet about his parents. His mother works in Qatar. He also has an elder brother named Anthony Fernandes who also works in Qatar.
Divine Married Life & Girlfriend
Divine is Unmarried. There is not much information available on internet about his relationship status.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Divine
- Divine studied at St. John the Evangelist High School, Marol Andheri, Mumbai.
- He completed his graduation from R.D. National College, Mumbai.
- He regularly used hear the tracks of Eminem after coming back from his school; which ignited his interest in rap music.
- When he was in 11th standard, he started writing rap songs. In those days, he used to write for more than 5 hours to make a perfect verse.
- In his school days, he used to accompany his mother to a church in Marol, where he used to practice rap music in divinity and peace. From then onwards, he started calling himself “Divine.”
- In his college, he joined a hip-hop group named ‘Mumbai’s Finest,’ where he learned the rapping skills from a rapper named, Ace.
- He filmed his first song “Coming For You” with a Nokia N8 phone.
- He released his debut track “Yeh Mera Bombay” in 2013, which was an instant hit among the Mumbaikars.
- His much-needed breakthrough came nearly 2 years later, in 2015, when he collaborated with a fellow rapper, Naved Shaikh, better known by his stage name “Naezy.” The two gully boys from different slum areas of Mumbai made their first collaboration as Divine and Naezy’ and released the song “Mere Gully Mein” (In My Streets), which was such a big hit that it was termed as the “Mumbai rap anthem.”
- When he earned a contract with Sony Music India, he became the first Indian artist to have a single released by Apple Music worldwide.
- He is also the first Indian rapper to rap in Hindi for BBC 1 radio show, ‘Fire in the Booth’ series.
- In 2019, Zoya Akhtar made a biographical musical film ‘Gully Boy,’ which was inspired by rappers, including Divine and Naezy.
- Divine’s favourite singers are , Eminem, 50 Cent, Bob Marley, Jay-Z, Lecrae, TuPac, Nas, Stormzy and Chance The Rapper.
- His favourite songs are “Changes” by Tu Pac and “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar.
- His favourite albums are Illmatic by Nas, Me Against the World by Tupac and Straight Outta Compton by NWA
Divine’s Salary and Net Worth
Divine’s has a net worth of around $1 Million USD. Major source of his income is his Rapping.
Divine is very fond of Rapping from his school days. His favourite music genre is Beatboxing. His favourite food is Dal-Rice.