Selena Gomez Biography, Wiki, Height, Age, Family, Career, Facts
Selena Gomez’s full name is Selena Marie Gomez. She is an American born singer, songwriter, actress, and media personality. Selena was born and raised in Texas US by her mother Amanda Dawn since her parents had divorced when she was 5 years old.
Ever since a child Selena was fond of singing and acting. At the age of 10, she auditioned for Disney’s show Barney & Friends and got the role of Gianna. Her performance in the show was commendable for which she received recognition.
Apart from acting, she is a renowned pop singer. In 2008 Selena along with some of her friends formed a band “Selena Gomez & the Scene” and released their first album “Kiss & Tell” which was a commercial success and got top across the countries. Besides this, Selena is renowned for charitable work. She is associated with various NGOs that work for women and child development.
|Name||Selena Marie Gomez|
|Birth Place||Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S|
|Date Of Birth||July 22, 1992|
|Age(as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Profession||Singer, actress and songwriter|
Selena Gomez Age, Height, Weight
As per her date of birth Selena Gomez’s age is 28 years. Selena Gomez’s height is 5′ 4″ and her weight is approx 52 kg. She is a gorgeous and attractive girl with blue eyes and light black hair.
Also Read, Pruitt Taylor Vince and Gillian Anderson
- Selena at the age of 10 began her acting career. She was inspired by her mother to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. In 2002 Selena appeared as Gianna for the show “Barney & Friends” along with Demi Lovato. Her performance in the show was praiseworthy. Subsequently, she appeared in Disney’s tv show “Wizards of Waverly Place” as Alex Russo. for which she received several nominations and awards such as the Emmy Award.
- After the success of the show, Selena rose to fame and formed a band along with some of her friends named “ Selena Gomez & the Scene” and performed in their first song “Tell Me Something I Don’t Know” and after some time released their first album “Kiss & Tell” which was commercially successful.
- Later in 2009, she appeared in Disney’s movie “Princess Protection Program”. The was commercially successful and paved the way for future opportunities for Selena.
- In 2010 Selena along with the band released their second album “A Year Without Rain “ and ranked top in US Billboard 200. The album was a commercial success.
- Selena acted in several animated and action movies such as Hotel Transylvania, Spring Breakers, Getaway, and many more.
- Selena in 2013 released her solo album “ Stars Dance “ which is the first-ever album by any solo artist ranked 1 by US Billboard. The album went like wildfire within a short period of time. More than 100mllions of copies were sold.
- Recently, in 2020 she released her third album “Rare” which too was a commercial success and got top rank around the world. Besides this, Selena released several singles, EPs and appeared in various movies.
- In 2020 Selena launched her own beauty products named “Rare Beauty”.
Awards and Achievements
- Selena has won various awards for her songs, albums, and movies. Her first award was the ALMA Awards in 2009 which she received for her work in Wizards of Waverly Place.
- She received the American Music Awards in 2016 in the Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist category and won several nominations for the Award.
- In 2015 and 2017 she won Billboard Women in Music in Chart-topper and Woman of the Year category.
- From 2015-18 Selena received eight Guinness World Book Awards.
- Recently, in 2021 she received WWD Beauty Inc Awards for “Rare Beauty startup.
Selena was born in Texas US to a christain family. Her mother’s name is Amanda Dawn, a former actress and her father’s name is Ricardo Joel Gomez. She has two half sisters.
Boyfriend and Affairs
Talking about Selena’s personal life, she dated Justin Bieber in the past. Selena was in a relationship with The Weeknd, a Canadian singer. However, they broke up and the current relationship status of Selena is unknown.
- Selena Gomez hails from Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.
- She has over 207m followers on Instagram.
- She has gained over 28m subscribers on YouTube.
- Selena is an activist for human and LGBTQ rights.
- Japan is her favorite holiday destination.
- White is her favorite color.
Selena Gomez Net Worth
Selena’s net worth as of now, in 2021 is $85m, which she earned by singing, acting, live concerts and commercials.
What is the age of Selena Gomez?
Selena Gomez is 28 years old.
When is the Birthday of Selena Gomez?
Selena Gomez’s birthday is on July 22, 1992
How tall is Selena Gomez?
Selena Gomez is 5′ 4″ tall.
Where is Selena Gomez from?
Selena Gomez is from Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.