Melissa Fumero Biography, Wiki, Height, Family, Net Worth
Melissa Fumero is an American actress and director who is best known for her role as “Amy Santiago” in the FOX/NBC sitcom Brooklyn Nine-Nine which made her share the Golden Globe for Best Television Series with her castmates. She made her debut in 2004 in the entertainment industry and since then she has played multiple roles in television series and also in films.
Melissa Fumero Biography/Wiki
Melissa was born on 19 August 1982 in North Bergen, New Jersey, U.S. to Cuban parents who were architects and travel guides in the country. She spent her childhood in Guttenberg, New Jersey until she turned 6 and then moved to Lyndhurst, New Jersey with her family. Later at 19, she moved to New York to complete her graduation from New York University in 2003 from where she received the degree of “Bachelor of Fine Arts” in Drama.
Apart from acting in movies and series, she is also a director and has directed many videos and TV series. Melissa spends most of her time with her family and friends which is the main reason behind her having such happy and wonderful life. She believes and encourages other common people to enjoy and make time for their family and friends which can lead them to live a happy life like hers.
|Birth Place||North Bergen, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||19 August 1982|
|Age(as of 2023)||41 Years|
|Profession||Actress and Director|
Melissa Fumero Age, Height, and Weight
Melissa Fumero’s age is 41 years (as of 2023). She is 5 feet 9 inches tall and her weight is approximately 58 kg.
Career and Achievements
Melissa started her career in 2004 as she was portrayed in the role of “Adriana” on One Life to Live which was broadcast on ABC television network. Talking about her role as Adriana in the series she won it on her last day as an NYU student. In 2007, she refused to renew the contract with the OLTL series but was indulged in the series to cover Adriana’s role. She also made a guest appearance in the same series to help usher in the return of Kelly Cramer (Gina Tognoni).
Tiny Dancer was the movie through which Melissa made her debut as a lead role, Melissa was also seen in All my Children (2005). She has also appeared in the series The CW‘s GossipGirl and one of Blair Waldorf‘s minions, she has played as lead Amy Santiago in the series Brooklyn Nine-Nine alongside Andy Samberg a famous American actor, comedian, and producer. Melissa made her directional debut when she directed for “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” season 6 ” Return of the King” in 2016.
Melissa Fumero is known for her charitable work and activism, and she has supported a number of causes over the years. Some of the charitable works that she has been involved in include:
- The Alzheimer’s Association: Fumero has been an advocate for the Alzheimer’s Association, which is a non-profit organization that works to support people living with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
- Step Up Women’s Network: Fumero has supported the Step Up Women’s Network, which is a non-profit organization that helps to empower young girls and women to reach their full potential.
- ACLU: Fumero has supported the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which is a non-profit organization that works to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- Time’s Up: Fumero has also been involved with Time’s Up, which is a movement that aims to end sexual harassment, assault, and discrimination in the workplace.
- The Trevor Project: Fumero has supported The Trevor Project, which is a non-profit organization that provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth.
Awards and accolades
Melissa Fumero has been nominated for several awards for her performances in television shows. Here are some of her notable nominations:
- In 2015, Fumero was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role as Amy Santiago in “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
- In 2018, Fumero and the cast of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” were nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
- In 2019, Fumero was nominated for the Imagen Award for Best Actress in a Television Series for her role in “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
- In 2021, Fumero was nominated for the Imagen Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series for her role in “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
Talking about Melissa’s parents her mother’s name is Martha Gallo and her father’s name is Carlos Gallo. She has two sons named Enzo the older one and Axel the younger one.
Boyfriend and Affairs
Melissa is currently married to David Fumero who is also an American-Cuban Actor.
- Melissa Fumero was born in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, and grew up in a bilingual household. Her parents are Cuban immigrants.
- Before pursuing an acting career, Fumero worked as a waitress and a wedding singer.
- Fumero was discovered by a talent scout while performing in a one-act play in college.
- She has a degree in Fine Arts from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Fumero is married to her former “One Life to Live” co-star David Fumero. They met on the set of the show and got married in 2007.
- She has two children with her husband David: a son named Enzo, born in 2016, and a daughter named Axel, born in 2020.
- Fumero is fluent in Spanish and often speaks the language with her family and friends.
- In addition to her acting career, Fumero is passionate about social justice issues and has been involved in various activist causes.
- Fumero is a fan of the TV show “The Office” and has said that she has watched every episode multiple times.
Meadow Walker is also a well-known American actress who is the daughter of late actor Paul Walker.
Melissa Fumero’s net worth as of now in 2023 is approximately $2-3 million USD. The source of her earnings are acting, directing, and different other business ventures.
|Favorite Color||Olive Green & Black|
|Favorite Actor||Will Smith|
|Favorite Actress||Emma Stone|
|Favorite Sportsperson||Roger Federer|
|Does Melissa Fumero Consume Alcohol?||No|
|Does she, Smoke?||No|
|Does she, Drive?||Yes|
|Does Melissa Fumero Swim?||Yes|
|Does she know how to cook?||Yes|
|Is she a Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Melissa Fumero a Jogger?||Yes|
Who is Melissa Fumero?
Melissa Fumero is an American actress and director who is well known for her role as Amy in Brooklyn Nine-Nine. She is currently married to his fellow co-actor David Fumero and they both have two children named Enzo and Alex.
What is the age of Melissa Fumero?
The age of Melissa Fumero is 41 years (as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Melissa Fumero’s?
Melissa Fumero’s birthday is on 19 August 1982.
How tall is Melissa Fumero?
Melissa Fumero is 5 feet 9 inches tall.
Where is Melissa Fumero from?
Melissa Fumero is from North Bergen, New Jersey, U.S.