Matthew Gray Gubler is an American actor who is mainly known for his role as Dr. Spencer Reid on the television show “Criminal Minds.” He has also directed several episodes of the show and has had roles in films such as “(500) Days of Summer” and “500 MPH Storm.” In addition to his acting work, Gubler is also a visual artist and has exhibited his paintings, drawings, and photographs in galleries and museums.
Matthew Gray Gubler Biography / Wiki
Matthew Gray Gubler was born on March 9, 1980, in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. He attended the Las Vegas Academy of International Studies, Performing, and Visual Arts, where he majored in acting, visual arts, and filmmaking.
After high school, Gubler attended the New York University Tisch School of the Arts, where he studied film directing. While at NYU, he worked as a model and was discovered by a talent scout, which led to him signing with a modeling agency.
Matthew Gray Gubler Age
As per Matthew Gray Gubler’s date of birth, his age is 43 years (as of now, in 2023).
Matthew Gray Gubler Height and Weight
Matthew Gray Gubler’s height is about 5 feet 11 inches and his weight is approximately 67 kg.
Matthew Gray Gubler has also had a successful modeling career. He has modeled for several high-profile fashion brands, including Marc Jacobs, Burberry, Tommy Hilfiger, and Sisley. Gubler has also been featured in numerous fashion magazines, such as GQ, Vogue, and Esquire.
In addition to his traditional modeling work, Gubler has also been known to incorporate his unique style and personality into his photo shoots, resulting in some memorable and creative images.
Matthew Gray Gubler’s acting debut was in 2004 when he was cast as Nico in the film “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.” However, his breakout role came a few years later when he was cast as Dr. Spencer Reid on the CBS crime drama series “Criminal Minds” in 2005. Gubler played the role of Reid for the show’s entire 15-season run, which ended in 2020.
Aside from “Criminal Minds,” Gubler has also had roles in several films and television shows. He appeared in the films “(500) Days of Summer” in 2009 and “500 MPH Storm” in 2013. He also had a voice role in the animated film “Alvin and the Chipmunks” in 2007.
68 Kill and Endings Beginnings (film)
Matthew Gray Gubler has appeared in several films throughout his career, including “68 Kill,” “Endings, Beginnings,” and others.
In “68 Kill,” a 2017 black comedy crime film, Gubler played the role of Chip, a mild-mannered guy who gets caught up in a heist gone wrong. The film was directed by Trent Haaga and also starred AnnaLynne McCord, Sheila Vand, and Alisha Boe.
In “Endings, Beginnings,” a 2019 romantic drama film, Gubler played the role of Mickey, a friend of the main character Daphne, played by Shailene Woodley. The film was directed by Drake Doremus and also starred Jamie Dornan and Sebastian Stan.
In both of these films, Gubler showcased his range as an actor and delivered memorable performances. He is known for his ability to bring depth and nuance to his characters, no matter how big or small the role may be.
Notable mainstream films
- “Life After Beth” (2014): Gubler played the character Kyle in this horror-comedy film about a man who discovers that his deceased girlfriend has come back to life as a zombie.
- “Suburban Gothic” (2014): Gubler played the lead role of Raymond in this horror-comedy film about a man who moves back to his hometown and starts experiencing supernatural phenomena.
- “Band of Robbers” (2015): Gubler played the character Dill in this modern retelling of the classic “Adventures of Tom Sawyer” story.
- “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot” (2018): Gubler played the character George in this biographical comedy-drama film about the life of cartoonist John Callahan.
- “Zugzwang” (2020): Gubler played the lead role of Zeke in this thriller film about a man who becomes obsessed with a game of chess and starts losing his grip on reality.
- King Knight: In 2021, Matthew portrayed the role of Thorn in the comedy film King Knight.
Matthew Gray Gubler made his television debut in 2004 with a guest appearance on the television show “The Unaired Pilot” and later appeared on shows such as “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou” and “Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.” However, he is best known for his role as Dr. Spencer Reid on the television show “Criminal Minds,” which he played from 2005 to 2020.
Gubler has also directed several episodes of “Criminal Minds” and other television shows, including “The Unauthorized Documentary,” “Suburban Gothic,” and “Dollface.” He has also made guest appearances on shows such as “How to Be a Gentleman” and “The Beauty Inside.”
In addition to his acting and directing work, Gubler has also hosted and appeared on several television shows, including “A Day in the Life,” “Celebrity Name Game,” and “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.” He is known for his quirky and offbeat personality and his ability to entertain audiences with his unique sense of humor.
Matthew Gray Gubler has also had a successful writing career. He has written and illustrated several books, including “Rumple Buttercup: A Story of Bananas, Belonging, and Being Yourself,” which was a New York Times bestseller. The book is a whimsical tale about a quirky creature named Rumple Buttercup who learns to embrace his uniqueness and find his place in the world.
Gubler has also written and illustrated a series of children’s books called “The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica,” which follows the adventures of a group of friends who discover a mysterious atlas that leads them to a magical realm filled with mythical creatures and legendary places.
In addition to his books, Gubler has also written and directed several short films, including “The Cactus That Looked Just Like a Man” and “Claire.” He is known for his quirky and imaginative storytelling style and his ability to blend humor and heart in his work.
Awards and Nominations
Matthew Gray Gubler has been nominated for several awards throughout his career. Some of the notable ones are:
- In 2014, he won the Young Hollywood Award for “Best Threesome” for his role in “Criminal Minds.”
- In 2015, he won the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Bronze Lion Award for a short film he directed called “Matthew Gray Gubler: The Unauthorized Documentary.”
- In 2016, he was nominated for a People’s Choice Award for “Favorite TV Crime Drama Actor” for his role in “Criminal Minds.”
- In 2017, he won the Voice Arts Award for “Outstanding Body of Work – Male Performer,” recognizing his work in voiceover acting.
- In 2019, he was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program” for his voiceover work in the Disney Channel series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers.”
Matthew Gray Gubler Family
Matthew Gray Gubler was born on March 9, 1980, in Las Vegas, Nevada, to John Gubler and Marilyn Kelch Gubler. He has two siblings, Laura Dahl, and Gray Gubler. His father worked as an attorney and his mother was a rancher and political consultant. Gubler has described his upbringing as creative and unconventional and has credited his parents for encouraging his artistic pursuits.
Gubler is also known for his close relationship with his fans, whom he refers to as his “family.” He is active on social media and often interacts with his fans, sharing artwork, behind-the-scenes photos, and personal anecdotes. He has been vocal about his struggles with anxiety and depression and has used his platform to raise awareness about mental health issues.
Matthew Gray Gubler’s Girlfriend
As far as the public knows, he is currently single and has not been publicly linked to anyone romantically in recent years.
In the past, he has been linked to several celebrities, including Taylor Swift, Kat Dennings, and Victoria Asher, but these relationships were never confirmed by Gubler or his representatives.
Gubler has stated in interviews that he values his privacy and prefers to keep his personal life out of the public eye. He is known for being devoted to his work and his fans and has said that his creative pursuits are his top priority.
- He has a degree in film directing from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Gubler is also a talented visual artist and has exhibited his paintings, drawings, and photographs in galleries and museums.
- He is known for his unique fashion sense, often wearing brightly colored suits and quirky accessories.
- Gubler is a certified magician and has performed at the Magic Castle in Hollywood.
- He is a passionate animal lover and has several pets, including a dog named Dali and a cat named Pip.
- Gubler is also an avid collector of vintage objects and has amassed a large collection of antique typewriters, cameras, and other oddities.
- He is a big fan of horror movies and has cited directors like Alfred Hitchcock and David Lynch as influences on his work.
- Gubler is fluent in French and has often used his language skills in his acting roles.
- He has directed several episodes of the television show “Criminal Minds,” in addition to several short films and music videos.
- Gubler is known for his quirky and offbeat sense of humor, and has a large following on social media where he shares his artwork and personal musings with his fans.
Matthew Gray Gubler’s Net Worth
Matthew Gray Gubler’s net worth as of now, in 2023 is marked to be about 9-14 million USD. The major source of his income is counted from his entertainment profession, book writing, and other business activities. Apart from this, he has also added a small portion of brand promotions in his net worth.
|Does Matthew Gray Gubler, Consume Alcohol?||Not Disclosed|
|Does he, Smoke?||Not Disclosed|
|Does he, Drive?||Yes|
|Does Matthew Gray Gubler, Swims?||Yes|
|Does he know cooking?||Yes|
|Is he a Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Matthew Gray Gubler a Jogger?||Yes|
|Eating Habit?||Not Disclosed|
Who is Matthew Gray Gubler?
Matthew Gray Gubler is an American actor, filmmaker, and author. He is best known for his role as Dr. Spencer Reid on the long-running crime drama series “Criminal Minds,” which aired from 2005 to 2020. Gubler has also appeared in several films, including “500 Days of Summer,” “Life After Beth,” and others.
Is Matthew Gray Gubler married?
He is presently single.
What is the age of Matthew Gray Gubler?
The age of Matthew Gray Gubler is 43 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Matthew Gray Gubler?
Matthew Gray Gubler’s birthday is on March 9, 1980.
What is the Zodiac Sign of Matthew Gray Gubler?
The Zodiac Sign of Matthew Gray Gubler is Pisces.
How tall is Matthew Gray Gubler?
Matthew Gray Gubler is 5 feet 11 inches tall.
Where is Matthew Gray Gubler from?
Matthew Gray Gubler is from Las Vegas, NV.
How much is the net worth of Matthew Gray Gubler?
As of now in 2023, the net worth of Matthew is summed to be about 9-14 million USD.