Gillian Leigh Anderson commonly known as Gillian Anderson is an American Actress and Writer. She was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA. She has dual citizenship of the USA as well as the United Kingdom.
Gillian Anderson started her career with the Alan Ayckbourn’s play Absent Friends at Manhattan Theatre Club in 1991. For this play, she also won the Theatre Award for Best Newcomer. She did two short films in 1986 and 1988 but her first featured film came in 1992 with the title The Turning where she starred along with Karen Allen and Tess Harper.
Gillian began acting in high school productions during her first year and later in community theatre. She has graduated from theatre school at DePaul University in Chicago and then moved to New York to pursue her acting career.
Gillian Anderson is quite popular on social media. She has a huge fan following on Instagram. She has around 1.4 Million followers on Instagram. Besides Instagram she is also popular on Twitter. She has around 720K followers on Twitter.
|Gillian Leigh Anderson
|Date Of Birth
|August 9, 1968
|Chicago, Illinois, USA
|Actress and Writer
Gillian Anderson Age, Height, Weight
Gillian Anderson’s age is 52 years. Gillian’s height is 5 feet 3 inches and weight 59 kg. Her eye and hair colour is Greyish Blue and Dark Blonde respectively.
Gillian Anderson Family
Gillian Anderson was born on August 9, 1968 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Her father’s Name is Edward Anderson and her mother’s Name is Rosemary Alycee. She also has 2 siblings. Her sister name is Zoe Anderson and her brother’s name is Aaron Anderson.
Gillian Anderson Married Life & Boyfriend
Gillian Anderson is Divorced. She had two marriages and both leads to divorce in the end. She first married Clyde Klotz in 1994 and then divorced in 1997. Later she got married to Julian Ozanne in 29p4 but the married lasted for only two years and the couple got divorced in 2006. She has also dated Mark Griffiths from 2006 to 2012 but they never married each other. She is currently in relationship with Peter Morgan since 2016.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Gillian Anderson
- Gillian Anderson was interested in Marine Biology in her early days of life.
- She began acting in high school productions after becoming interested in theatre during her teenage years.
- She has also acted on community theatre.
- Gillian also did Internship at the Grand Rapids Civic Theatre & School Of Theatre Arts.
- She graduated from high school in 1986 and after that she attended The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago. She graduated with Bachelor Of Fine Arts Degree in 1990 from this University.
- She made her stage debut in 1974 with the play Absent Friends.
- Gillian won the Theatre World Award for Best Newcomer for Absent Friends.
- Her film debut came in 1986 with the short film Three At Once.
- Her first featured film debut came in 1992 with the movie The Turning.
- Gillian has also won the Prime Emmy Award For Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series in 1997.
- In the same year, Gillian won the Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress- Television Series Drama in 1997 for her role as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully in The X-Files.
- Gillian Anderson’s favourite Musicians are Kings Of Leon, Coldplay, Mumford & Sons, The Civil Wars, Gustavo Santaolalla and Bon Iyer.
- She loves eating Chocolates.
- She loves to eat food that is rich in ingredients.
Gillian Anderson’s Salary and Net Worth
Gillian Anderson has a net worth of $35 Million USD. Her income sources are mainly Acting.
Gillian Anderson likes to do Meditation. She is very fond of chocolates and loves eating food that is rich in ingredients.