Adam Scott is an American actor, comedian, producer, and director. Scott has appeared in numerous films and television shows throughout his career. He is best known for his role as Ben Wyatt on the hit television series “Parks and Recreation,” which aired from 2009 to 2015.
In addition to his television work, Scott has also appeared in a number of films, including “Step Brothers,” “The Aviator,” and “Krampus.”
Adam Scott Biography / Wiki
Adam Scott was born on April 3, 1973, in Santa Cruz, California, USA. He grew up in a family of actors and performers, with his mother being a drama teacher and his father working in the entertainment industry as a director and producer.
Scott attended Harbor High School in Santa Cruz, California, where he was involved in the drama program. After graduating, he attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles, California, where he studied acting.
Adam Scott Age
As per Adam Scott’s date of birth, his age is 50 years (as of now, in 2023).
Adam Scott Height and Weight
Adam Scott’s height is about 5 Feet 8 Inches and his weight is approximately 75 Kg.
Adam Scott’s acting career began in the mid-1990s with small roles in television shows such as “Dead at 21” and “Boy Meets World.” He then appeared in a number of films throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s, including “Star Trek: First Contact” and “The Lesser Evil.”
In 2002, Scott landed a recurring role on the television series “Six Feet Under,” which helped to establish him as a talented and versatile actor. He continued to work steadily in both television and film over the next several years, with notable appearances in movies such as “Monster-in-Law” and “Torque,” as well as recurring roles on shows such as “Tell Me You Love Me” and “Party Down.”
However, it was his role as Ben Wyatt on the hit television show “Parks and Recreation” that really catapulted Scott to fame. He joined the show in its second season and quickly became a fan favorite for his portrayal of the awkward and lovable city planner. He continued to play the character throughout the show’s seven seasons, and the role earned him critical acclaim and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination.
Since “Parks and Recreation,” Scott has continued to work steadily in both television and film. He has appeared in shows such as “Big Little Lies” and “The Good Place,” and movies such as “The Overnight” and “Krampus.” He has also ventured into producing and directing, with credits including the television series “Ghosted” and the movie “Corporate Animals.”
From 2012 to 2022, Adam Scott continued to establish himself as a versatile actor, appearing in a variety of films and television shows. Here are some of the highlights of his career during this period:
- In 2012, Scott starred in the comedy film “Bachelorette,” alongside Kirsten Dunst and Rebel Wilson.
- In 2013, Scott appeared in the independent film “A.C.O.D.” (Adult Children of Divorce) and the romantic comedy “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” directed by and starring Ben Stiller.
- In 2014, Scott joined the cast of the hit HBO series “The Big Little Lies,” playing the role of Ed Mackenzie. He also starred in the horror comedy “Krampus,” directed by Michael Dougherty.
- In 2015, Scott starred in the romantic comedy “Sleeping with Other People,” alongside Alison Brie.
- In 2016, Scott starred in the film “My Blind Brother,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. He also appeared in the television series “The Good Place,” playing the role of Trevor.
- In 2017, Scott starred in the indie film “Flower,” which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. He also appeared in the second season of the Netflix series “Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later.”
- In 2018, Scott played the lead role in the comedy series “Ghosted,” which aired on Fox.
- In 2019, Scott appeared in the films “Little Evil” and “Corporate Animals.” He also guest-starred in an episode of the Netflix series “Big Mouth.”
- In 2020, Scott starred in the film “Black Monday” and the television series “Space Force,” both of which premiered on Netflix.
- In 2021, Scott starred in the films “Flower Moon” and “The One I Love.” He also appeared in the television series “Physical” and “The Afterparty.”
Adam Scott has been involved in a number of charitable works throughout his career. Here are a few examples:
- Children Mending Hearts: Scott has been involved with this organization, which aims to empower disadvantaged youth by providing them with educational and arts opportunities.
- Cancer for College: Scott has participated in the organization’s annual charity golf tournament, which raises money for cancer survivors to attend college.
- Boys and Girls Club of America: Scott has supported this organization, which provides after-school programs for children, through donations and public appearances.
- Stand Up to Cancer: Scott has participated in several events to raise awareness and funds for cancer research through this organization.
- 826LA: Scott has supported this nonprofit organization, which provides writing and literacy programs for children, through donations and by serving as a guest teacher.
Awards and Nominations
Here are some of the notable awards and nominations that Adam Scott has received throughout his career:
- Nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for “Parks and Recreation” (2013)
- Nominated for Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for “Parks and Recreation” (2014)
- Nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program for “The Greatest Event in Television History” (2013)
- Nominated for Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Ensemble Performance for “The Overnight” (2015)
- Won Webby Award for Best Individual Performance for “The Greatest Event in Television History” (2013)
- Won Indie Series Award for Best Guest Actor – Comedy for “The Program” (2016)
- Nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for “Big Little Lies” (2018)
- Nominated for Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for “Big Little Lies” (2019).
Adam Scott has been involved in a number of popular podcasts throughout his career. Here are some of the podcasts he has been a part of:
- “U Talkin’ U2 To Me?” – Adam Scott co-hosted this podcast with comedian Scott Aukerman from 2014 to 2018. The show was a comedy podcast that focused on the music of the band U2.
- “R U Talkin’ R.E.M. RE: ME?” – This podcast was a follow-up to “U Talkin’ U2 To Me?” and focused on the music of the band R.E.M. Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman co-hosted this podcast from 2018 to 2019.
- “The Greatest Event in Television History” – This podcast accompanied a series of comedy specials that Adam Scott produced and starred in for Adult Swim. The podcast featured behind-the-scenes stories and interviews with the cast and crew.
- “Off Book: The Improvised Musical” – Adam Scott has made several guest appearances on this podcast, which features comedians Jessica McKenna and Zach Reino improvising a musical based on a suggestion from a guest.
- “Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend” – Adam Scott has been a guest on this podcast several times. The show is hosted by late-night talk show host Conan O’Brien and features interviews with comedians, actors, and other celebrities.
Adam Scott Family
Adam Scott was born on April 3, 1973, in Santa Cruz, California, USA, to parents Douglas Scott and Anne Scott. He has one older brother named David Scott.
Adam Scott Relationship
Adam Scott has been married to Naomi Sablan since 2005. The couple met when Sablan was working as a producer’s assistant on the television series “Boy Meets World,” which Scott was guest starring in at the time. They have two children together, a son named Graham and a daughter named Frankie.
Here are some interesting facts about Adam Scott
- Adam Scott’s full name is Adam Paul Scott.
- He was born on April 3, 1973, in Santa Cruz, California.
- Scott’s parents were both teachers, and he grew up in a family of educators.
- He attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles.
- Scott started his career in Hollywood as a production assistant on various film sets.
- His breakthrough role came in 2002 when he played Henry Pollard in the Starz comedy series “Party Down.”
- Scott is a big fan of the band U2 and has co-hosted a podcast called “U Talkin’ U2 To Me?” with comedian Scott Aukerman.
- He is married to Naomi Sablan, a producer, and they have two children together.
- In addition to his acting work, Scott is also a producer and has worked on a number of television shows and films.
- Scott is an avid golfer and has participated in several celebrity golf tournaments. He also starred in the 2013 film “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” which included a memorable golf scene.
Adam Scott’s Net Worth and Incomes
Adam Scott’s net worth as of now, in 2023 is estimated to be about 7-9 million USD. The major source of his income is marked by entertainment works, brand promotions, podcasting, and other business works.
|Does Adam Scott, Consume Alcohol?||Not Disclosed|
|Does he, Smoke?||Not Disclosed|
|Does he, Drive?||Yes|
|Does Adam Scott, Swims?||Yes|
|Does he know cooking?||Yes|
|Is he a Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Adam Scott a Jogger?||Yes|
|Eating Habit?||Not Disclosed|
Who is Adam Scott?
Adam Scott is an Australian professional golfer who was born on July 16, 1980, in Adelaide, Australia. He turned professional in 2000 and has since become one of the most successful golfers of his generation. Scott has won multiple titles on the PGA Tour, including the 2013 Masters Tournament, which is one of the four major championships in professional golf.
Is Adam Scott married?
He is presently married to Naomi Sablan.
What is the age of Adam Scott?
The age of Adam Scott is 50 years ( as of 2023).
When is the Birthday of Adam Scott?
Adam Scott’s birthday is on April 3, 1973.
What is the Zodiac Sign of Adam Scott?
The Zodiac Sign of Adam Scott is Aries.
How tall is Adam Scott?
Adam Scott is 5 Feet 8 Inches tall.
Where is Adam Scott from?
Adam Scott is from Santa Cruz, CA.
How much is the net worth of Adam Scott?
As of now in 2023, the net worth of Adam is summed to be about 7-9 million USD.